Thursday, March 18, 2010

Sprouting my version

Tradition: Tulips and the Tulip festival
Story: Tulips are my favorite flower. I have traced this extreme love back to the Wooden Shoe Tulip festival in Woodburn, OR. I remember going as a little kid and my parents would take pictures of us in and amongst the tulips and daffodils. As a teenager my dad and I went and took pictures and I made a scrapbook page. I love that place. In fact, if I was getting married again I would have the wedding ceremony there during peak blooming. It should come as no surprise that I had tulips as my wedding flower.

When Jim and I found packages of tulip and crocus bulbs at a discount store last fall I made sure that we picked up a couple packages. We placed them around the newly laid patio. I haven't bothered cleaning/weeding or otherwise preparing the bed this year, and yet things are growing. Just look!




Someday I will have an entire bed full of Queen of the Night tulips until then I wait for these beauties to bloom!

No comments: