Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Jim's wildlife adventure

Tradition: Animals in the backyard

Story: Last summer when my husband was home he started noticing all of the wildlife in our back yard. None of it is exotic, but it is funny. Jim named all the animals, I'm not sure if this was boredom or just because he is a silly goose, but either way it is pretty funny.
Since it  has been a year the animals are waking from hibernation and returning from warmer weather or wherever they disappear to.

So far we have seen a finch, robin, a lovely bluebird (unsure of the species) and countless other birds. Let me introduce you to the cast of characters

Tommy, the chipmunk


And today was the first sighting of my new archnemsis Dennis the groundhog/woodchuck


I noticed that some of the shoots from my bulbs (tulips and crocuses) were chewed off. Then a couple of flowers disappeared overnight. I'm pretty sure Dennis is the culprit, don't let that cute little face fool you, he is pure evil


No comments: