Tuesday, June 29, 2010

ToT: Summer Reading

I wrote up the beginning of this list and then read Carole's list and realized we are looking forward to a couple of the same books. What do you want to read?

1. Mama Day - Gloria Naylor's novel about a small island full of deep, long and mystical tradition. I can read this one over and over again.
2. To Kill a Mockingbird - Best required reading in high school (though I read it for the first time in middle school)
3. The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake - Looks like an interesting book per NPR review
4. My Year of Meats - Not sure if I really loved this book the first time and it might be too heavy for summer reading
5. Cosmo Magazine - frivolous, but fun to read and comment on such ridiculous commentary and advice
6. Tale of Two Cities - or some other Dickens Fiction
7. Humor Me: An eclectic anthology of Funny - looks light enough and would hopefully brighten a heavy, humid day
8. The Boy Book - little sister mentioned it, seemed entertaining enough
9. I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings - always recommended, might finally read it
10. The Chosen - another great "required reading" book from high school

No comments: