Friday, September 17, 2010

Caterpillar Update!

It's been over a month since I added some circles to my caterpillar. My reading has slowed I think this can be attributed to the change in my morning commute. I used to read or knit every morning, but lately I haven't been sleeping well so I grab an extra twenty minutes of sleep on the way into work. I also read a relatively long book so that prevented me from finishing an extra two or three normal length novels

16. The Help, Kathryn Stockett - Read this for book club. A good story, in some ways I thought the author tried too hard, but it was still nice to read
17. Outlander, Diana Gabaldon - first in a series of historical/time travel/romance/sci-fi/adventure novels. I think I could have cut out roughly 1/3 of the book, but it was still fun to read, just not a quick book
18. The Mermaid Chair, Sue Monk Kidd - Kind of fun, I thought some of the reasoning was contrived, but the book ended exactly how I wanted it to
19. Chocolat, Joanne Harris - My favorite of hers so far. I really enjoyed the mysticism influencing normal life in a small town in France

What have you read in the last month? Any recommendations?

1 comment:

tales from an oc cottage said...

HA! Those Gabaldon books make your arms tired just holding up they are so thick! ;}



m ^..^