Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Running

Running
Last year we started running outside in February. That was not going to happen this year since we still had 4 feet of snow on the ground in mid-February. We basically took the entire winter off. Not on purpose, but I couldn’t run on ice and we were both so stressed about work and making ends meet and everything so running got lost in the pool of life.


In February Pandora would play some of my running songs (the music that I think has motivating beats and use for running). When the songs came on I felt the need to get moving again. This year we started in March and have been doing better than expected, but I’m not sure I am ready to run a race in less than a month. Even if I’m not ready I’m glad that we are back on the roads because that means we will be back on trails soon!



I will never be fast and my husband basically laps me each time, but I’m enjoying the time with him more this year than last. I’m hoping that by the end of the summer I will be ready to try a bit longer of a run or at least a race-length trail run. Seems the plan to continue my tradition of running will be a success.

My running play list:
Country Grammar - Nelly
Numb/Encore - Jay-Z & Linkin Park
Love the Way You Lie - Eminem featuring Rihanna
Lose Yourself - Eminem
Still D.R.E - Dr. Dre
What's the Difference - Dr. Dre
Boom Boom Pow - Black Eyed Peas
Brick House - The Commodores
California Gurls - Katie Perry featuring Snoop Dogg
Mission Impossible Theme Song
C'mon C'mon - The Vond Bondies

No comments: