|This picture has nothing to do with the post I just love the first leaf of autumn every year|
1) Enjoy colors. Don’t shy away from clothes or shoes just because they hae a splash of some crazy color.
2) Dance – we all have a dorky dance, use it. Use it when you’re happy, when you’re celebrating a win (in trivial pursuit beating my husband or Mario kart beating my sister). I actually dance most often while I’m in the kitchen doing chores and such. A little hip swiggle goes a long way.
3) Puddle jump – it’s rainy, the puddles are growing and no one goes outside. Buck the trend. Head out in light clothes and splash in some puddles. Nothing beats the joy of puddle jumping with a pal to see who can splash who the most
4) Try kid flavors – bubblegum ice cream or dr pepper chapstick, cotton candy, etc. It’s a treat I’m not saying eat it every day, but remind yourself every now and then that as fake as the flavors were/are they are still kind of fun
5) Dress up – Halloween is a great time, but I think sometimes just putting on pretty shoes and maybe a touch more makeup or jewelry than usual is an awesome way to play pretend
6) Dream – the impossible, the improbably, orange zebra’s and neon pink turtles, whatever you can think of there is no need to stop yourself from seeing in your mind’s eye all the silliness that you hide while working.
7) Jump in leaves – raking is not fun, but if you rake and leaf jump and again and again it’s tons of fun. Have a leaf fight, enjoy the crisp autumnal air
8) Laugh – no really, if it’s silly laugh, don’t think of it as below you to let out a chuckle
9) Buy dresses/skirts based on twirl factor- it’s not just for princess dresses
10) Nicknames – make up nicknames for your pets, your friends, your loved ones. Not just pet names but actual nicknames
How do you stay young?