Story: I think I have hit the wall with my epic shawl. How do I know?
1) I cast on something else
2) I finished that something else before I did much on the epic shawl
3) I started re-knitting that something else before making progress on the shawl
4) I start the list of things I want to knit next
5) I plan what to make next (match yarn to pattern, determine how long it will take)
6) I Repeat items 3&4 for multiple projects
This behavior probably seems rather normal to many knitters, but I only knit one thing at a time. I don’t like knitting more than one project unless something isn’t portable (my definition of portable is pretty wide) so when I start adding more than one project I am clearly annoyed/bored/done with whatever I'm working on.
|Can you sort of see the trees and then the last celtic knot section?|
The other problem I’m having is this fear that I will run out of yarn. Every time I look at the amount I have left I have a flutter of fear in my heart. How not knitting will save me from running out of yarn for the shawl is a mystery.I bought WAY more than the pattern called for, but I'm not confident at all. We'll see if I get through it before I'm done.
|Will this be enough?|