Thursday, November 10, 2011

Quilt-y fun

You may or may not know that I am part of a quilt guild near where I live. It's a non-profit and we host a Quilt Show every other year in May. This year it is on May 11 and 12. We show off quilts from people in the guild, there is a little boutique and all sorts of amazing talent to see. One other thing we do is a Raffle Quilt.


It's made by the guild, raffled during the year culminating at the quilt show


The money goes to the guild AND to another non-profit organization.This year the quilt is slightly more modern and I love it.



 The raffle tickets are $1 or 6 for $5


Even if you aren't interested in buying a raffle ticket I encourage you to attend the show. It's so fun to see the talent that these guild members have. It's a great inspiration for color and patterns even in knitting.

If you aren't in the area, but want a raffle ticket shoot me an email pigbook1 at gmail and I'm sure I can get you some.

What has inspired you lately? What events do you attend for inspiration whether it's knitting, quilting or house decorating or something else?

No comments: