Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Second Best Day of the Year

I love my birthday. It’s my second favorite day in the year. I don’t need presents, I don’t need cake, I don’t need much other than some birthday phone calls and the permission to do whatever I feel like that day. This year my birthday was fantastic. I got flowers from my husband and awesome presents that made it abundantly clear how well Jim knows me.


 Note the Big Cheez-its which I think are 120% better than normal cheez-its. See the “as seen on tv” item? Jim always gets me an as seen on tv item and this year I had a very specific request. It’s a windshield cleaner. I love the packaging it has a Wonder Handle! What would I do without a wonder handle? Then there are dumbbells which I need for bootcamp next month. Finally a turtle with gem eyes that my dad got me in Malaysia. It’s so sweet!

After work I went to trivia where they surprised me with a cake and candles. Jillian even gave me a bag of awesome goodies. A flower slap bracelet, some matte nail polish and manicure/pedicure kit. She even drew a turtle Zentangle for me. It’s so awesome! I even got a balloon. I can’t remember the last time I got a balloon for my birthday! It’s awesome in so many ways.

After trivia (where we placed third!) I made oreo cheesecakes in my muffin pan. They were cute, yummy/tangy and awesome. I stole the recipe from some other blog, but I think they mentioned it came from elsewhere

2 blocks cream cheese
1/2 Cup sour cream
2 eggs
1/2 Cup sugar (I would add a bit more next time, this was still tangy)

All ingredients should be at room temperature before you start. Beat atogether until it can be beat no more Line your cupcake pan with cupcake papers. Place 1 oreo at the bottom of each one (I ended up with enough filling for 16) Crush up 6 oreos and fold them into the filling. Fill cupcake holders with filling. Bakeat 275 for 22 minutes. I think a little extra time is fine. What you end up with is a philidelphia (rather than a new york) style cheesecake with an oreo as the crust. They were delicious and people at my office gobbled them up!

I did have to work on my birthday, but I didn't have to do any chores or clean up after turtles, so it was fantastic. This week, I went out to dinner with my BFF Amy who shares a birthday with me. It was sooo much fun and she gave me a couple of adorable things. I hope everyone has as much fun on their birthday as I did on mine!

1 comment:

Ann in the UP said...

It sounds like a wonderful birthday! It was my sister's birthday too. Enjoy all your cool presents and have a wonderful next year!