Monday, December 19, 2011

Caterpillar and Time Out

This set of traditions really suffered this year. Between January and April (when I changed jobs and lost my commute) I read about 15 books in the other 8 months I have read only 10. My reading has definitely tapered but I am allowing myself to stay motivated through bookclub and perusing my local used book shop. I even got to go back and read Mama Day which I didn't read last year, even though I try to read it every year.

My latest additions to the Caterpillar

60. Unbroken - for book club. read like an encyclopedia, not in love
61. Mama Day - still love this book, find something new to focus on, this time it is the description of the marriages throughout the book.

Time Out really fell off. I love the theory of this and there were many days when I did not watch TV or work on the computer after work, but those were usually the days that I did not get home before bedtime. We did take time to do other things, but it was definitely not what I wanted when trying to imagine this new tradition. I don't think I'm going to keep investing energy into this tradition, it didn't work and I need to figure out a better way to get what I wanted from this.

Was there anything (goal, tradition, or god forbid a resolution) that you are going to give up on in 2012?

No comments: