Saturday, December 31, 2011

On to 2012

A new year, time for new traditions

My opinion of resolutions and goals has not changed in the past year, so once again I’m going to work on building traditions.  I haven’t solidified my list, but I have settled on a theme for the year: More and Less.
More good food, less rushed dinners
More internalization, less socialization
More creating home, less living in a house
More projects, less lifetime achievements
More acceptance, less confrontation
More saving, less spending
More responsibility, less ignorance
More planning, less making do with the unsatisfactory
More engaging, less passive watching

You get the idea. I will have to really focus my traditions this year, but I think the theme is a fantastic one for me, right now. What is 2012 about for you?

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I'd say that my 2012 is about focus. I know what I want, just need to stay focused long enough to make it happen!

Chicago Sarah said...

I'm copying your list for myself. Just clicked over from your comment on the Yarn Harlot, and I am enjoying your blog. I'm from Maine and lived in Boston for several years so I also enjoyed your "went up to Freeport" post. :)