Friday, January 6, 2012

2012 New Tradition #2 Clearing out to build

Now that some things outside of my house (job, etc) are not eating my soul I have noticed the how un-homey my house feels. I want my house to feel like mine, to feel like OUR house and I want it to be comfortable to live in. So this tradition includes making my house into my home. To start the tradition I’m focusing on some concrete, definable actions: Adding more real food to our pantry and less packaged/processed food and deep cleaning/de-junking

There are other ways in which I’m clearing out as well. I’m not going to spread myself thin across a bunch of different social engagements. I love being social, but once social engagements become a burden instead of an inviting activity I know I need to clear out my calendar. I’m hoping by being smarter with my social engagements I will make the effort to talk to everyone at the events and to really develop friendships through conversations.

What are you building this year? Are you ridding yourself of anything?

No comments: