Saturday, January 7, 2012

2012 New Tradition #3 Creation

So the first two traditions really spurred or defined a third for me this year. In the process of clearing out and documenting I want to make. I want to knit more things from yarn I have and I want to decorate with some handmade items.

I have a friend that set about creating a flower every day and that is probably a bit more defined than I want to be, but I do want to make more. I got a whiteboard of sorts for my birthday and I put it up in my kitchen. Every day I write a note or draw a small picture. It’s something that takes almost no time, but I enjoy the short burst of creativity.

I also want to make more useable knitting items. I defined a whole list of things I want to make this year and while it borders on a goal/resolution I’m trying to be flexible enough to just focus on the tradition of creating. I want to be known as a person who creates and I think as I continue to expand some of my current traditions (knitting, sewing, etc) it will happen, and hopefully the tradition becomes a bit more permanent.

What are you making this year? Any epic shawls?

No comments: