Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Making it Home-ish

I wrote in the past about my desire to have a picture wall in my house. Well, this weekend we were at Target looking for a wedding gift and happened by a clearance end cap with picture frames. We were able to buy a bunch and they all match!

I started immediately to choose pictures to fill the frames. Most of the 8x10 frames will have a collage of pictures, but a couple of them will just have 1 picture or a picture and a phrase. I looked back through pictures and found some fun, funny and sweet ones. Sent them to be printed and spent two football games sorting and selecting and cutting pictures and placing them in the frames. So far I have filled all except 3 of them. A couple of them still need a phrase put in them, but I’m almost done.



 To choose the placement I traced the frames onto freezer paper and cut out templates. Then I spent a ridiculous amount of time trying to find the perfect layout. It may not be completely perfect yet, but I like it so far.

 Now, off to finish filling the frames and paint the wall so I can get this done before my birthday!

1 comment:

omly said...

Yay! Glad you are getting this desire to really happen. :)