Sunday, December 29, 2013

Stuff I'm into for 2014

Not goals, not resolutions, not even traditions just stuff I think has been/would be fun

1) Default to vegetarian weekdays
This started because I have steel cut oats for breakfast every morning, salad more often than not for lunch and then I’m too lazy to wait for meat to thaw for dinner. It’s great as a default, but doesn’t force me into anything. So if I’m craving a burger that’s what I have, but when I don’t want to think it’s probably going to be roasted veggies

2) Perfect sweater 
Amy Herzog has a book, a craftsy class (both of which I own) and now even a website/tool that can build out a pattern for a sweater perfect for ME (or you or whomever uses it). I am going to buy the yarn and make myself a chimera, but before I do that I have a giant pile of black/grey valley yarns yarn to make a work appropriate, fitted sweater. We’ll see how that goes. 

 3) Bike-able Saturdays 
Most Saturdays I ride my bike for as many errands as possible. This is limited only by my fitness. Usually this means hitting the farmers market and sometimes the library or some other local attraction. I just need to get a basket for my bike 

4) More Californian adventures 
California is a HUGE state and there are tons of cool things to see and do. This year I’d love to do a little bit more, go a little bit further out of my 15 mile daily trek to and from work. I’m thinking Yosemite, the redwoods, a museum or two and a few more hikes. 

 5) Plan the piano I want to re-learn how to play the piano before I turn 30 so I’m running out of time. Unfortunately there is nowhere to put a keyboard in my house. I have looked at some options and I’m not sure what the solution will be, but I’m hoping to solve this problem by march.

What are you into? 

No comments: