Friday, February 7, 2014

Little Library Mailboxes

Between May and December I try to make it to the farmers market at least once a week. There is one on Saturdays in Palo Alto and so I can take my bike and get a decent ride in getting to and from the farmers market.

One of the great things about where I live is the weather and the kind of gardens and lawns that it enables. This means I often pay more attention to the lawns, curb appeal, etc than I do to anything else on my bike ride. Obviously, I pay attention to the traffic around me, but I am mostly on side streets that allow for noticing cool things throughout my Saturday Bike Adventure.  Things that I have seen and love: random lawn art, the most intense and gigantic geraniums. Fall colors, those are slow and selective here.

The thing I find most interesting is the 2 different littlefree libraries along my route to and from the market. Honestly there is also a normal library, but that is not as cute and independent as the cute little free libraries. One of them is walking distance to my house, close enough that I have dropped a couple books there and I’ve also picked up a book or two during my regular walk/runs throughout the week. The second library is closer to the market and I have yet to stop and look around, something to plan for the new year


Are there any little free libraries near you? 

No comments: