Saturday, February 8, 2014

Swap!

I received a WONDERFUL box for the swap I referred to previously. This swap was great because it required that at least one of the items be pre-owned. It had to include either a book or movie and something to be warm (like hot chocolate or coffee or whatever) and a skein of yarn and a pattern to make something small to keep warm.

Well, since I don't drink coffee or tea my poor partner had the hard task of finding something to consume that would keep me warm, but she chose a great alternative. It was a meal kit for spicy asian noodles. Did I take a picture? no. (theme of the post). My package also contianed two chocolate bars and two books. The first was a book about a food critic and I'm barely started but so far it is very entertaining. The second is called hanging by a thread and I haven't even read the back to know what it is about.

Then there was the pattern Warwick which is perfectly Britt-esque. It's lace and shawl-y with out being a traditional triangle lace shawl.

Finally, the yarn. OH THE YARN!
The first thing I noticed was the adorable shimmery tulle-y purple bag


Then I immediately saw the teal and purple

Then I felt it and oh it is absolutely lovely, no idea what I'm going to do with it (maybe the shawl, maybe something completely different)



All in all I couldn't have asked for a better swap package. As I suspected I was not disappointed in this swap at all, I might do another one sooner, rather than later.

No comments: