Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Traditions for the Year

10 on Tuesday this week was about intentions/goals/etc I've told this story before, but I think goals are great, but traditions are better. Accomplishing one this is fantastic, but if it's about the journey let's make it about the journey. So, here I go for this year the list of traditions I'm going to continue and new ones that I want to try

1) Move - I've been really good at maintaining my running, but I'd like to extend it (run longer) and be more consistent. I'd also like to make my yoga more consistent
2) Food fun - I love to cook and i run out of time quite often but this year I'd like to PLAN at least 2 dinners per week
3) Share - I have time, I have things, I have opinions. I'm going to share them. Share time: volunteer; Share things: cook and take dinner/treats to others; Share opinions: Well right here is a good place for that
4) Compassion - It is well known that I don't have a ton of patience for incompetence at life. This year I'm going to work on that patience. I don't know anyone's full story and I need to grow my compassion and patience for more people. Less frustration, more acceptance
5) Stand - I started this last year at work, I have a sit stand/desk and I go some weeks standing a lot and then some weeks I don't at all, but I'd love to do it half and half
6) Culture - I'd like to attend a cultural event at least once a quarter. A play, a concert, a ballet, an orchestra, etc
7) Purposeful career moves - make a better plan, take actions that are a bit more long term focused
8) Write - This has always been a thing I do, but not a tradition I hold. Maybe this year it should move over to my list of traditions
9) Finish - I have started some relatively important things in my life that need to be completed. These are the things for which I don't care about the journey, just the destination. The actual finish line might not be this year, but serious progress will be made in 2015 and at each small finish line I'm going to make it
10) Prepare for 2016 - 2016 is my deadline year. It's the year that I want to buy a car I actually like, it's the year I want to have my own bees, it's the year I want to live in something bigger than a 300 sq feet. To make that happen there will need to be some significant earning so that there can be significant saving.

 Want to see what other people are doing? check out the list of other 10 on tuesday-ers over at Carole's

No comments: